Friday, June 3, 2011

Rebecca of.. Silverdale Farms?

Mark and I found an amazing deal 2 years ago. A fabulous 4000sqft home on 2.5 acres, with a pool complete with party deck, and a 1700sqft Guest house on the backside of the property with it's own entrance. Sweet! With-in the 1st week that ugly pink and blue 90's bathroom was remodeled, the main back deck and pool-parti deck merged and now usable and assessable to the lower yard/fields.

Next I tackled a massive blackberry patch (what I thought was going to be my future paddock.) By January we were cutting down some trees and diggin post-holes. I dug some 24 post holes by myself...hard pan very close the the surface mind you. Only later to be informed by my truly wonderful neighbor Al that there is this amazing thing I can rent called and auger... ugh! It was worth-it ..our 1st Pony Lacey was on my soon-to-be mini farm by Valentines day 2010!

I am all about composting, so this meant lots of pooper scooping a paddock maintenance... and of course putting together a make-shift composter.

Buy the following July we had another horse, DW Memory of a Kiss (AKA Bella) a purebred Egyptian Arabian filly. Super sweet, but a filly =) Lots of work and more poop to scoop!

Time for some fresh farm eggs! You betcha! By the next February I have 4 baby chicks and a new puppy Jazzy for Alex! Yep.. even more scooping! (no doggie stuffs in the composting though.) But they've been lots of fun. However, they do grow very quickly and get smelly just as fast. Getting them feathered up and outside was high on my to-do list! My coop isn't the nicest thing out there, but it's certainly outside!
House Pictures Before




House Pictures After ;)
Lacey <3




Bella!
Chickens too!



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... a guest house, huh? So we'd have a place to live if we were to move back... good to know! :-)

    Glad you found the place, sounds like a neat one!

    Raymona (aka WasSoggyInSeattle (a long story)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha! Like everything around here when we bought this place.. it too still needs a bit of love.

    ReplyDelete